Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Place Hodgepodge - Downtown Disney, July 2014

It's been a long, hard summer! For one person who up to a few months ago almost always a Premium Annual Passholder (that's me!), it's been much harder than I thought it would be.

When I made the decision to lower my payments and save a little money every year by going to a Pass with July and half of August blacked out, I told myself that it would be easy because of "the heat", "the crowds", "*insert any excuse you want here*", but I learned very quickly... I missed being able to go in July and that first half of August!

But, glory be(!), my time of languishing without a way into my happy place is almost over! This coming Monday the blackout dates end (for the most part), and I'm already planning my first trip back with a full day at it this coming Tuesday. I can hardly wait!

But, with all of that said, I did manage to make it out to The Resort a few times this summer just to wander about and take pictures of things I don't normally take the time to since I'm usually partying it up inside The Park. A few weekends ago I spent a wonderful evening just strolling around Downtown Disney and its various haunts taking pictures, which make up the gist of this week's "hodgepodge".

I can't wait to get back next week with a ton of pictures from my first day back but in the meantime I hope these pictures will help tide you over the way they've helped tide me over. I always say there's magic to be found everywhere you look at The Park, and I think these do a great job of proving it. Even though I may not have been riding Space Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean, I still had a wonderful time and I'm so thankful I got to go!

Enjoy!


Sometimes you need help remembering where you parked!




The gazebos around the Disneyland Hotel really do lend themselves to some amazing fairy-tale weddings


When Tinkerbell and Mickey's Sorcerer's Apprentice Hat greet you, you know that you're home


Buzz and Woody. LEGO form. Touche!


One of my favorite Hidden Mickeys from around The Resort. Can you spot it?


Late nights at the Disneyland Hotel with Starbucks; people-watching. Doesn't get much better!

Sold!


Even the carpets are magical!


If you see THIS coming at you...


Magical Carpet #2!


Who needs Autopia when you can sit in this actual car from the attraction for hours at the time?! Just beware of little kids telling you to "get out of the way, mister!"

If Mary Poppins flies out of the Disneyland Hotel, is this what she leaves behind?

Three different Goofy's in one picture; can you spot them all?

One day... I may actually go swimming here! In the meantime, this remains one of the coolest signs in all of The Resort!

And lastly, there may not be anything better than ending the night with a friend and a cocktail at Trader Sam's. Just about the perfect evening in every way!

No comments: