Friday, January 11, 2013

My Disney Parks 2013 New Year's Resolution!

Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Blue. Today, we are sharing with you our 2013 Disney Parks New Years Resolutions - what we plan to do this year that we have never done before.



Once, a very long time ago, on a Blogorail post far far gone, I wrote about one the things that seemingly everyone else at The Parks really enjoyed which, for whatever reason my crazed mind concocted, I do not. If memory serves me, and it usually does in instances such as these, the entire article was about my dislike of the Mouse Ears which proliferate almost every head that enters those hallowed gates. You know those new RFID bands everyone at Walt Disney World is going crazy about? Don't. Be thankful that they aren't attaching the ears to a great big ole pair of mouse ears that they make you slap on your head and wear everywhere you go; count your blessings.

So now that I've let you know exactly and without any shadow of a doubt how I feel about mouse ears, I'm really going to turn you on your head and say that my 2013 Disney Parks New Year's Resolution is... drum roll please... to own and wear a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears! Once you pick the brain matter up off the floor (because your head just exploded) I'll be more than happy to explain.

See, I'm not just talking about any pair of Mouse Ears here. You may have, if you follow both sets of Parks (if you're a Worlder and a Lander), heard about a very special pair of the little buggers called "Glow with the Show" Ears. These little beauties are very unique and special in that they interact with some of the entertainment at both Disney California Adventure Park and Disneyland Park, such as World of Color, Fantasmic!, Mad T Party, in places such as Cars Land, and even recently during the Holiday Season alongside the Believe... In Holiday Magic fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Take a look see real quick and I'll be back after the break...


Pretty fly, right? Being the techno geek that I am, the very idea of having your ears sync up with things around The Parks, and how much time it must've taken the Disney team to come up with the idea and implement it is just staggering. Not to mention I think, based on what I've seen, and now you too if you watched the video, that the little things are just amazing and incredible!

So, after all of that, my resolution is this: to get over my bias, buy myself my first pair of Mouse Ears, and glow my way around The Parks with the best of them. And who knows, I might even start a whole new trend if I take them on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with me and pretend I'm going to a rave.



Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is 'Pursuing the Magic'.

Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
2nd Stop ~ Pursuing the Magic
3rd Stop ~ The CanaDisney Blog
Final Stop ~ Disney Babies Blog

4 comments:

Tricia from Return to Disney said...

I grew up in California and never owned a pair of mouse ears either - but I have to admit, those do look pretty cool!

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

I am as shocked reading this as I was when I read the original article about you NOT owning any Mickey Ears! Good for you and I cannot wait to see a picture of you showing them off!

Donna Kay said...

Chad, I always figured you were a closet Ear Fan! Can't wait to see pics of you sporting a pair.

Clarine Lowell said...

Hurray for you, my daughter would be so proud of you. Which brings me to an exciting news to share my kids, we're gonna go there this summer! My husband and I are planning on doing a road trip using our caravan so it'll be convenient for our kids. I'm sure it will be a full-packed adventure!