Friday, December 14, 2012

My Favorite Place to Celebrate at Disneyland Is...

Welcome to those of you joining me from 'Capturing Magical Memories' and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the Final stop on our Magical Blogorail.



Welcome back everyone! It's that time of the month again where we all hop back on board (remain seated, please!) the Magical Blogorail and discuss some of our favorite Disney topics.

This month's theme is definitely a good one, but a hard one, so I figured I would just go to my old standby when something is difficult to decide on, and rather than follow the theme exactly, stand the theme on its head and approach it from a different angle. So rather than focusing on my favorite place to celebrate in Disneyland, I thought it might be fun to talk about my favorite celebratory moment in The Park; that's honestly a heck of a lot easier to come by!

This year (next week, actually) my wife and I will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I know; crazy, right? And we've been together for almost 16 years now! Time certainly flies when you're having fun and three children, but I digress.

I really wanted to pick something fantastic to do for our 13th celebration. That number has such a bad rep in general, I guess I just wanted to prove to myself that we could make the date fantastic regardless of some silly superstition or weirdos wearing hockey masks chasing teenagers through the woods. So a couple of phone calls and favors later, I had my reservation set, having decided to take my lovely wife to a very lovely place for our anniversary, Club 33 at Disneyland.

There's tons of information about the Club on the internet, and it's true the food and all is amazing and spectacular, as befitting a restaurant of its stature, but for me the best part of the day was just being able to enjoy something so warm and romantic with my wife. Part of the charm of Club 33 is in its ambiance and history, and it was truly a pleasure to be able to share it once with the most important person in my life and my best friend. We didn't get to spend a lot of time there, and we barely made it in time, but it was all well-worth the effort just to slip away for a few hours with her to such a special place.

So as another year has gone by and I'm deciding once again what to do for her, it's been fun to think back to last year and relive those memories in my mind's eye. It is quite possibly something we won't every do again, but we'll always have those memories, and it's something I know we will remember for the rest of our lives.

So I guess this post serves two purposes: it's allowed me to relive a great memory of a great celebration, and it will serve as a little "Happy Anniversary" to my wife again this year; happy anniversary my heart, I love ya!

12/22/2011 - Stephanie outside Club 33 for our 13th Anniversary luncheon

The lobby is always beautifully decorated during the holidays

The obligatory "menu shot"

Clowning around in 'The Happiest Millionaire's phone booth



Thank you for joining Magical Blogorail Blue this month. We will be back Friday, January 11th with an all new theme. Keep checking in with our blogs in between loops to keep up to date with our Disney info, photos and stories. If you are looking for more Disney magic, you can make your way over to The Magical Blogorail website to see all our members and their blogs, as well as all our previous loops.

Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Pursuing the Magic
2nd Stop ~ The CanaDisney Blog
3rd Stop ~ Disney Babies Blog
4th Stop ~ Capturing Magical Memories

7 comments:

Mary said...

Hmmm. May have to tell my husband that is what I want for our 13th Anniversay.

Donna Kay said...

Wonderful post Chad!! What an amazing way to spend your anniversary!!

P.T. said...

Happy Anniversary! What a nice way to celebrate it!

And so jealous you got to go to Club 33!! Very cool!

Unknown said...

Have never been to Disney Land. Have it on my to do list :) Great post!

The CanaDisney Blog said...

I see our waiter Randy in the background of picture #3!

The CanaDisney Blog said...

I can see our waiter in picture #3!

Camping Southern California | Disneyland Camping said...

Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts into the stuff you post!!