Friday, March 18, 2011

Chad (AND Amy's) Favorite Things: Goofy's Sour Balls

Various Goofy's Candy Co. selections on display

After standing idly by while Amy and Mark have been doing their own "Favorite Things" posts, I decided it was high time for me to get into the act!

Unfortunately this created a bit of a power struggle within the organization as once word got out about my choice, Amy claimed to have liked my favorite "much longer than me", so I had to include her in my post.  Darnit!  But, it's all good, and I do mean Goofy's Sour Balls good!  I've recently become addicted to these little balls of wonder (there are currently two bags of them floating around my house and one in my car), and since it was because of Amy that I am, I guess I can include her in this one.

Up until quite recently, I was a taffy kind of guy.  No trip into The Park would be complete without a trip into the Main St. Candy Palace to replenish my stock, but this all changed during "Family Fun Weekends" while we were in line for some Character Meet and Greets.  We had been line for quite a while, so Amy left to go find some snackage for herself.  Care to take a guess what she came back with?  Between the three of us we had killed the entire bag within minutes.  Not the healthiest of things to do, to be sure, but I've been hooked ever since.

I won't bore you with all the details about what makes a sour ball a sour ball (you bite into them and they're sour; seems pretty self-explanatory) but I think what I like about these particular sour balls is that they are in fact quite soft when you bite into them; not quite like a gummy worm but much softer than a "Lemon-Head" or the like.  They come in several flavors:  Lemon, Lime, Orange, Cherry and Grape.  The bags themselves will run you $3.45, which isn't bad at all when you think about it, and you have a couple of choices from which to choose.  You can buy bags that consist of only Cherry-flavored sour balls, or you can go for the assorted bag (which we always do) which have all of the flavors I listed above.  Unfortunately, Cherry is the only flavor special enough to have a bag all on its own, but Amy and I are both dreaming of the day when Grape will be allowed to as well.

So, where you can buy this candy of choice for the Days In The Park team?  The question that might be better posed is, "Where can't you buy Goofy's Sour Balls?"  If it's a store, and it's at The Resort, then very likely they have a candy section and if they do, you're almost assured of finding the entire line-up of Goofy's Candy Co goodies, and that includes the sour balls.  They're everywhere!

If you're a fan of sour candy in general (some aren't we realize) then we think you'll be very pleased with Goofy's Sour Balls.  They're really flavorful, not overbearing (like an "Atomic Warhead" or something that's out to kill you on purpose), and an entire bag will typically last your family for quite a bit (unless you're like us and your addiction is full-blown).  This particular Park sweet comes highly recommended by all of us (even though it is my favorite).

Now, if you'll excuse me, my saliva glands are in full effect and I need to go eat some sour balls.

Amy likes to torture me by texting me random pics of opened bags of MY favorite thing


5 comments:

Christi Crow said...

You always have the neatest photos! Love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Christi. Glad you like them. :)

Amy took the ones for this article (she beat me to it and hers were better than mine would have been anyways) but we all (myself, Amy and Mark) take pictures for the site.

We enjoy doing it and are glad that you enjoy looking at them even more. It keeps us doing it when people take the time to let us know that.

Much appreciated! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Beth. If you like sour stuff, they're fantastic! :)

Bird said...

I'll be grabbing a bag to try next month... your post made my mouth water! Should I say pucker? Any which way, they sound dee-lish!

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Haha! Thank you so much, I think... =D

They are ridiculously awesome. Excuse me while I go eat some right now ;)