Friday, September 19, 2014

'Frozen' Friday - Anna and Elsa Float Along in Fantasyland (and I Learn a Lesson)



It's that time of the week again; Flashback Friday! And while other blogs all over the world will be "flashing back" to various points in time, we're going in a different route. We've decided to cash in on the never-ending hype that is the film Frozen in order to gain our plethora of visitors today. Suckers!!!

Okay; we kid, we kid! But it did occur to us that maybe with the machine that is Frozen being what it is, it might make for a great segment and since it is alliterative, we figured why not?!

I'll be the first to admit it. Lately, I've been pretty anti-Frozen in spirit. Don't get me wrong! I think the movie was absolutely brilliant, and hearing Idina Menzel sing "Let It Go" live at the D23 Expo back in 2013 didn't hurt a bit, either. But the problem is, for me anyway, that it's just been everywhere and if anything, it's gaining steam and traction. Really bad, I know, right?! I'm so cynical sometimes!

It didn't help matters much this past Sunday when, while on my way into Fantasyland to enjoy a showing of Mickey and the Magical Map, I was deterred and halted by the Frozen parade float coming by with Anna and Elsa; but then a funny thing happened. As I stood there and watched, and listened, as all of the little children around me (and Mark) began to sing along with the music, yell at the two Disney princesses (or Queen in Elsa's case), and wave, I caught myself doing the exact same thing. I was singing along with the music. I was yelling at the two Disney princesses (or Queen in Elsa's case). And doggone it, I was waving at Elsa like nobody's business with a huge, dopey grin on my face.

And it occurred to me that maybe I've been viewing this thing all wrong for the past few months.

It occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, there's a reason that the Frozen machine is as wildly popular as it is and refuses to lose steam, and instead keeps picking it up. Maybe, just maybe, it's just that good. And maybe, just maybe, I need to enjoy it instead of avoiding it.

Looks like I'll have to check out the Frozen Meet and Greet next to be sure.




2 comments:

What to Do at Disney said...

It's amazing how big Frozen has gotten.

Unknown said...

In some ways I agree with you, but in others I could see it coming a mile way so I can't say I'm completely taken aback by it. :)