Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Place Hodgepodge - May and June 2014

As much as I've hesitated to say it, I suppose the truth must come out. Right now I, Days in the Park, Chad if you prefer, am basically without an Annual Pass. Well, that's not entirely true. I have a Pass, it's just blacked out right now until the middle of August so, for all intents and purposes, I'm a Pass-less Annual Pass-holding blogger. Say that five times really fast!

That being the case, pictures and trips out to Disneyland have been few and far between over the last couple of months, which has left me scrounging a mite for things to write about and digging for pictures to put up for you loyal readers!

I was going through things last week and stumbled across a few that I had trapped in the bowels of my phone which I realized I had never posted! Hooray for old age and forgetfulness!! And with that, another "Happy Place Hodgepodge" is born! These were taken over the course of several visits during the end of May and middle of June when I made my last trip to The Parks before my blackouts began.

I also managed to spend some time in Downtown Disney earlier this week and took another load of pictures to share with everyone, and those will make up another hodgepodge for later in the week, so if you're enjoying these posts, keep checking back and I promise another one really soon.

I hope that you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them. The Park is so full of wonder and things to see and experience that sometimes you just never feel like you can do enough. But maybe, if I keep trying and putting these up, I'll manage to fill the same hole in someone else that looking through them again fills in me while I can't go myself.

Enjoy!

One of my absolute FAVORITE things to do every trip is just to ride the Disneyland Railroad. Grand Circle tour of Walt's Magic Kingdom, anyone?

The Mighty Ducks WERE a Disney-owned team at one point; what else would I be rocking on Main Street?!

Even trains need a little water sometimes - Disneyland Railroad, New Orleans Square Station

Pioneer Chili Cheeseburger - Hungry Bear Restaurant, Critter Country

"Honey, I'm home!" - The Haunted Mansion, New Orleans Square

Look everyone, it's Amy! Four years of friendship and still going strong! #DisneylandFriendsAreTheBestFriends

I get a chance to spend time with some amazing people at Disneyland, and my friend Brittany is one of them! If you see her (and she'll probably be at the Mad T Party), tell her I said hi!

Because what else are you going to chant at 3am in the morning when you're high on Mickey Mouse Chicken and Waffles?!

See?



1 comment:

NWalker said...

I'm in the same boat regarding blackout days. But the summer heat and crowds are not my favorite elements to deal with at Disneyland anyway. Those overcast Halloween-time days are the best for me. Sites like yours help to get a small dose of DISNEYLAND while I am still unable to go there. I wasn't thrilled with the addition of Starbucks inside the park, even though the theming worked out better than I anticipated. Anything that can be found on every other corner on the outside takes away a bit of the Disney magic for me. I'm even more apprehensive about the new remodel of New Orleans Square. It's my favorite area of Disneyland, and since I will probably never have the fortune of visiting Club 33, the thought that any of the special ambiance might have been lost in the name of those privileged few who are allowed to enter the sacred club is very distressing.